I've set here for a few days now trying to update this blog but words keep failing for me. I have been on emotional overload the last week. I can't seem to stick to one emotion for more than a few minutes and then the next emotion knocks me over. I knew it would be hard making this big of an adjustment, but I don't think anyone can truly be prepared for the thoughts that come into the mind at time. Anger, guilt, shame, frustration, joy, hope, sadness..... you name it and I can assure you it comes at least once an hour. I have yet to come to terms with any of these emotions. I can say that I no longer have the coping mechanisms that I used to have and have yet to create new ones so the emotions are just running rampant. I tell myself that I need to start physically working through these emotions. I mean that's been the plan. I am still struggling with activity though. That's what one gets for being lazy. :/ I am just over two weeks post surgery and I feel I should be able to start an exercise routine so tomorrow that is exactly what I am going to do. I need 1 hour of activity a day. That leaves 23 hours for work, school, family and sleep. I am hoping that once I start actively exercising some of these emotions will start to go away or at least I won't feel so overloaded and alone.
On a different note, I am re-cooperating from surgery well. I am finally starting to sleep again and the pain from the incisions are almost gone. I am still working on eating and drinking my liquid. I have a hard time with getting liquid in. It's a constant push to take a drink of something. :) I start back to work this week so we shall see how that goes. I am worried about how I will encompass my dietary requirements into the day. I have two days to develop a plan of action! I will not be stopping anywhere to "grab" something so I need to plan ahead and be prepared for each day.
Reading through this, I realize there are quite a few of "I need" in this. I'm praying that I have the strength and courage to change the "I need" to "I am"! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment