Thursday, May 24, 2012

Old habits

So far, things have been running pretty smoothly since the surgery.  I switched to soy milk and have had considerable less pain and stomach issues which is nice.  My incisions are healing great! I am feeling pretty well.  I am still struggling with getting in my liquids each day and have to force myself to even take drinks because I never know if that drink will make my stomach hurt or not.  I have also not been sleeping.  My sleep aids are not helping at all.  I will have to go see my doctor about how to overcome that issue.  :(

I spent my yesterday running errands and shopping.  I have to say I didn't realize just how much of my life revolved around food and drinks.  I'm driving along and see a fast food joint.  "Oh we better stop, who knows what the rest of the day will be like."  Ummm... I'm certainly NOT hungry nor do I want food.  I realize that everyday was like that for me before.  I drive right by and continue with my day.  20 minutes later, I see a walgreens.  "I need to stop and grab something to snack on" WTH???? I have preconditioned myself to see certain places and need to stop there.  This is something that I can see now.  It certainly doesn't make it any easier.  I had an hour and a half to kill between two appointments yesterday.  Before, I would have found a place to eat and kill time.  That's no longer an option for me.  I decide to go window shopping which would get some activity in.  I went to a couple stores that I needed nothing from and just walked up and down the isles.  It killed the time for me and I got in some walking.  I will be better prepared next time for these thoughts in my head and look for ways to overcome them.

It did make me realize that my life is no longer the same. I'm excited and scared at the same time!  All I can tell myself is to hang on tight, don't let go and set back and enjoy the ride!

Angela

2 comments:

Lala Loses said...

Oh I am exactly the same way! Driving by places today on the way home from errands - "well, we could get dinner, I don't feel like cooking.." accckk! We went home and ate! Good job being strong!

Pamela Fagan said...

I finally got a chance to read your blog. I am so proud of you. You are an amazing and strong person...don't forget it! :)